Take a mini-video tour of a Townhouse at Christie Walk, the model ecocity development in Adelaide.
Sustainable development features of the Townhouse include:
- Outer walls of Hebel block, offering great insulation.
- Additional temperature stability from vines shading the outer walls.
- Rammed earth inner walls provide thermal mass.
- Natural ventilation flow up to the top level provides easy evening cooling on summer days.
- Natural materials and non-toxic finishes.
- Toilet flushing is with recycled water source from the community’s underground water storage tanks.